Senior Data Engineer at wattx
Are you interested in working on diverse projects that will allow you to apply your exceptional data engineering skills? wattx is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to handle challenges in varying data-related projects.
As a part of the data science team, you will be involved in a diverse range of projects and data challenges from the industry. Projects range from building a big data platform for IoT sensor data, processing image-based data, and exploring new datasets to setting up cloud infrastructure and building prototypical data products in interdisciplinary teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement effective and scalable end-to-end data pipeline solutions
- Build, maintain, and scale-up machine learning models from prototypes into production
- Close collaboration with the engineers, researchers, venture developers, data scientists, and HR specialists.
What you need to start your mission:
- Good working experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm or Flink (including batch and stream processing)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Expertise in different databases, from provision and operation to usage: SQL (preferably Postgres), NoSQL (key/value, wide column, document stores)
- 3+ years experience programming in Python and/or Scala
- Data Science and Machine Learning experience with Python, Jupyter notebooks, numpy / scipy, pandas, scikit-learn and ideally SparkML
- Good communication skills
- DevOps experience with common cloud platforms (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Being adaptable and have the flexibility to change between projects
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and container orchestration
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Drone)
- Experience handling time-series data
- Experience participating in Kaggle competitions
What we offer:
- Work on shaping real products at various stages of development
- A competitive compensation package.
- Diverse environment to learn and thrive in
- Ownership over your projects and empowered working environment.
- Participation in Monthly 2-day hackathons
- A generous learning budget to allocate as you see fit
- Personal Development Plan
wattx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technology startups, in the space of Construction Tech, Prop Tech, with real impact and focus on Sustainability. We are a full-stack team of hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers, and designers as well as venture developers.
We identify opportunity areas and then conduct research and ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are prototyped, vetted and developed as projects with our parent company Viessmann, as well as with other clients from Mittelstand and our broad network of partners.
Working with our partners from the Mittelstand enables us to create real solutions that have a real impact!