Senior Frontend Engineer at wattx
Engineering culture at wattx has been shaped around principles of user-centric design and agile software development. We work in autonomous teams, value pragmatism over idealism, simplicity over complexity and technological agnosticism over fundamentalism, and are looking for people who share these values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical design and implementation of the product
- Ownership of tasks and independence in making technical decisions
- Participation in planning and specifying the product roadmap
- Close collaboration with the engineers, researchers, venture developers, data scientists, and HR specialists.
What you need to start your mission:
- At least 4 years of working experience in building highly scalable web apps
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in building and using Design Systems (Style guides)
- Ability to solve the cross-browser compatibility and client-side performance issues
- Writing clean and easily maintainable code covered by tests
- Willingness for collaboration, code review and pair-programming with other software engineers
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong QA skills
- Proactive communication and excellent teamwork skills
- Self-motivation to deliver projects on agreed deadlines
Nice to have:
- UX or Design experience
- Familiarity with BEM, styled-components, JSS or similar
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with backend technologies: Golang, Python or Ruby
- Interested in VR, AR, WebGL, Io
What we offer:
- Work on shaping real products at various stages of development
- A competitive compensation package.
- Ownership over your projects and empowered working environment.
- Participation in Monthly 2-day hackathons
- A generous learning budget to allocate as you see fit
- Personal Development Plan
wattx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technology startups, in the space of Construction Tech, Prop Tech, with real impact and focus on Sustainability. We are a full-stack team of hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers, and designers as well as venture developers.
We identify opportunity areas and then conduct research and ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are prototyped, vetted and developed as projects with our parent company Viessmann, as well as with other clients from Mittelstand and our broad network of partners.
Working with our partners from the Mittelstand enables us to create real solutions that have a real impact!