Senior Golang Engineer at wattx
Engineering culture at wattx has been shaped around principles of user-centric design and agile software development. We work in autonomous teams, value pragmatism over idealism, simplicity over complexity and technological agnosticism over fundamentalism, and are looking for people who share these values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical design and implementation of the product
- Ownership of tasks and independence in making technical decisions
- Participation in planning and specifying the product roadmap
- Close collaboration with other engineers, researchers, venture developers, data scientists, and HR specialists.
What you need to start your mission:
- 5 years of experience in designing and building complex software systems
- 3 years of experience with Golang
- Extensive experience in designing micro-service oriented architectures or distributed systems
- Extensive experience in designing and writing automated test suites
- Extensive experience in performing code reviews / pair-programming with other software engineers
- Experience with Docker or similar containerization technology
Nice to have:
- Experience working with time-series databases, especially TimescaleDB
- A DevOps Mindset
- Experience with Kubernetes
What we offer:
- Work on shaping real products at various stages of development
- A competitive compensation package.
- Ownership over your projects and empowered working environment.
- Bi-monthly 2-day hackathons
- A generous learning budget to allocate as you see fit
- Personal Development Plan
All applications will be screened without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual identity, worldview, disability, or age.
wattx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technology startups, mainly in the space of Industrial Automation, Industrial Process improvement, and Construction Tech; with real impact and focus on Sustainability. We are a full-stack team of engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers, and designers as well as venture developers.
We identify opportunity areas and then conduct research and ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are prototyped, vetted, and developed as projects with our parent company Viessmann, as well as with other clients from Mittelstand and our broad network of partners.